Sports & Exercise Physiotherapy
Sports & exercise physiotherapy is a specific, expert discipline of physiotherapy that provides for optimal sporting performance at all levels of sport. Regardless of whether it is injury prevention, diagnosis and treatment of an injury or issue, or maintaining high performance. A sports & exercise physiotherapist has specific knowledge and skills to help you. It doesn’t matter what your level of sport or activity is, our services are open to everyone across all ages and levels of ability.
Our sports & exercise physiotherapists have elite sports experience across a range of sports, including AFL, Soccer, Rugby League and Rugby Union, Golf, Ice Hockey and Mixed Martial Arts to name a few!
The 3 main areas of Sports & Exercise Physiotherapy are
- Performance (keeping you at the top of your game)
- Prevention (being proactive and stop or limit the injury)
- Treatment (after the injury has occurred)
What’s different about sports & exercise physiotherapy compared to physiotherapy for every day injuries?
One of the main difference with sports injuries is due to the greater stress put on muscles, joints and bones through participation in sports. The most common injuries associated with sports include;
- ligament sprains
- muscle tears
- joint injuries and over-use injuries.
Our sports & exercise physiotherapists will assess and treat the cause of your injury allowing you to build the strength, mobility, balance and co-ordination required to return to your sport pain free and to help prevent further injury.
General goals of sports & exercise physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation are;
- Accurate diagnosis - and immediate referral for imaging or specialist review if required
- Treatment plan - including expected timeframe to return to play or activity
- Treatment & Rehabilitation - including independent & home exercises to get you self managing your injury
- Monitoring and education - tracking of your program, and helping you to understand your rehab, so you don't have the same issues in the future
APA Titled Sports & Exercise Physiotherapists are highly qualified physiotherapists with expert knowledge and skills in their area of practice. They undergo a rigorous selection process to ensure that they achieve and maintain exceptional standards of clinical experience and knowledge.
You can book a sports & exercise physiotherapy appointment online now.
If you want to speak with one of our sports physiotherapists you can call the clinic on 1300 782 724.