Athletes of all ages and levels benefit from screening – the purpose of screening is assess the current physical condition for the athlete. Generally the best time to screen is in pre-season, or prior to commencing a program.
- Identify previous injuries and injury history
- Highlight the individual needs of each athlete
- Benchmark and monitor changes over time – this is especially important for the young athlete as they grow over time. It is also critical for athletes in intensive training blocks or competing in multiple sports
- Allow for appropriate exercise prescription
What do you do in a screening?
Our typical screening usually involves;
- Gait asessment
- Muscle length & flexibility
- Neuromuscular screening
- Functional and high load testing
For more information, or to book a screening with a Sports Physiotherapist, please contact us on 1300 784 724.