As most golfers know, golf is a very technical game! In combination with your coach or golf professional, a golf physiotherapist can help you improve your physical capacity.
Instruction, course management, your mental game and equipment are areas where your golf pro will be critical in making you the best golfer you can be. Working with your golf pro, we can help address any physical or injury issues that are affecting your game.
Physical performance can impact on a players game in many ways, for example;
- Poor co-ordination/motor patterning,
- Loss of range of motion at a joint or through a part of the kinetic chain
- Poor strength and control of individual joints or body segments
- Lack of golf specific physical capacity
- Poorly developed endurance, strength and power
Golf physiotherapy in partnership with your golf pro or coach can work together in a problem solving and solution driven approach;
- Specific technical problem (“I keep hooking when I use my irons”)
- Specific injury or pain (“my knee hurts every time I use the driver”)
- Specific weakness or movement dysfunction (“My shoulder hurts after 7-9 holes every time I play”)
Conveniently located in Drummoyne, in the inner west of Sydney, we are easily accessible from all parts of Sydney.
- Golf specific screenings
- Performance enhancement
- Golf specific exercise programs
- Injury prevention
- Effective treatment of golf related injuries
- Treatment and management of injuries unrelated to golf that are affecting your performance
Whether you are a recreational or elite golfer, our Golf Physiotherapy Program can help you improve yourself and your game.
Like any other sport, injuries do occur – so optimizing your physical capacities to improve your performance, prevent or decrease injuries and extend your golfing career is a critical part of your preparation.
Different strokes for different golfers
We understand very clearly that golfers of different abilities have different requirements, amateur golfers for example tend to experience problems related to golf swing biomechanics and decreased physical condition.
Professional golfers in comparison tend to have problems related to overuse/repetitive load patterns.
As a result every golfer has different requirements to help them optimize their game, or to address specific needs around their injuries.