Junior Gym is our specific program designed for young people aged 10-17 years to introduce them to safe, effective training in the gym. The program is progressive and adapted to the needs of each participant.
If you are looking for a program to introduce young people to training properly in a gym environment – this is it. With only 4 people per class, this is a highly supervised and structured program. There is close supervision throughout the session.
We understand that young athlete’s bodies grow and develop at different rates – within the same age group, let alone across ages! Proper structured training in the Junior Gym program will help young athletes with performance and injury prevention.
If you are looking for more information on how to look after your young athlete – then check out the Young Athlete Podcast!
Practice principal Scott Wilson – Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist is so passionate about helping young athletes he started the Young Athlete Podcast. One of the only podcasts out there dedicated to parents and coaches of young athletes – and of course, young athletes themselves!
Term 1, 2020 – commencing Monday 3rd February
for 10 weeks
- Term 1 program is on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30pm
- More classes will be added according to demand
School Holiday Programs –
Next program is January 13th – 24th, 2020
Our school holiday program has 2 options;
- 1 week program – (Mon/Wed/Fri). This can be for either the first or second week.
- 2 week program – Mon/Wed/Fri for 2 weeks
Not just weights!
Junior Gym is designed to introduce young people to ALL aspects of training; strength, mobility, flexibility, posture and control.
This is an all round program, NOT a body building or powerlifting program.
Each session has a focus on these components, education, safety and ensuring understanding of the importance of a well rounded program are key features of Junior Gym. Supervised strength training is safe and effective for young people and offers many benefits, including;
- Improved motor skills and performance
- Injury prevention
- Increased bone density
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- Instil techniques and habits that will help form a lifelong association with exercise and activity
Bookings are open now
- Class Duration is 1 hour for all classes
- All participants must attend a 40 minute pre screening prior to the start of the program
- If you have completed Junior Gym in the last 12 months, you do not need an assessment
- Cost for this is $165 and is a one off cost in addition to Junior Gym