- Unlimited Comfort – Malleable magnesium frame allows cuff adjustment and delivers patient compliance
- Light as Air – Material science collides with innovation to create the world’s lightest OA knee brace
- Stays in Place – Contoured design enhances brace suspension for various levels of activity
- Dependable Off-Loading – New world material “nano MAGTM” (on the loading side) provides strength when offloading
- Clincally Proven – DonJoy’s AdjusterTM technology off-loads (mechanically shifts weight away from the damaged pare of the knee) a little – or a lot.
WHAT IS OSTEOARTHRITIS (OA) KNEE BRACING AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Knee braces are available that are specifically designed to help in the management of OA.
They stabilize the joint, reduce pain and help to build stronger muscles, which allows patients to return to the activities they love. Load redistribution and joint alignment, through a process called “off-loading” or shifting, OA braces relieve pain by redistributing the weight bearing load on the painful or affected compartment of the joint to the healthy or unaffected compartment.
Increased function studies have shown that wearing an OA brace can increase daily function and decrease pain. Patients diagnosed with OA who wear a knee brace will generally feel better in the morning, be more active during the day, and rest more comfortably at night.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM AN OSTEOARTHRITIS (OA) KNEE BRACE
- Braces cannot cure OA and may not be right for everyone. However, it is a viable solution for many people. The ideal candidates are typically active people who are motivated to strengthen their muscles and willing to wear a brace to realize the benefits of this form of treatment.
- Don’t expect a brace to feel good from the start. It may take from a week to a month to get used to how the brace feels on your leg. Be patient. It took a long time for your knee OA to develop.